From soon-to-be-published book, As If Human: Ethics and Artificial Intelligence by Nigel Shadbolt and Roger Hampson which sets out seven “proverbs” for shaping our AI future:
● A thing should say what it is and be what it says.
● Artificial intelligences should show respect for human beings.
● Artificial intelligences are ethical only if they embody the best human values.
● Artificial intelligences should be transparent and accountable to humans.
● Humans have a right to be judged by humans if they so wish.
● Decisions that affect a lot of humans should involve a lot of humans.
● The future of humanity must not be decided in private by vested interests